Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Father of Madonna's Adopted Daughter Hopes to Meet Her One Day

The father of Madonna’s adopted daughter is hoping to come back into her life and has requested the singer send him a picture of the little girl. The "Celebration" singer adopted 5-year-old Mercy from Malawi last year.

Mercy James (Pacific Coast News) James, who has never met Mercy, whose mother died in childbirth aged 14, said: “I would appreciate if Madonna could send me pictures of how she looks like now as I don't get any pleasure of being with her.

“It's emotionally painful for me as a father. I'm very happy that Madonna is taking care of her. But as a parent, from the moment I heard that she was still alive, I wanted to meet her and I'm hopeful that I'll meet her one day.”

James, who has moved to South Africa in a bid to earn enough money to fly over to see Mercy in either her home in the UK or the US, was initially against the adoption, but now wants to meet Madonna as he can see what a good job she is doing of raising her.

He told South Africa’s Sunday Time newspaper: “As a father, I think about her every day. Having a baby is a blessing. So I go through the emotional pain of not living with her every day. I would like to make peace with Madonna so that I can meet my baby. I need someone to advise me on how to go about doing that. From the time I learnt that my daughter was still alive, I've been longing for a chance to meet with her but how I do that? I don't know.”

As well as Mercy, Madonna, also has adopted son David, four, and her kids, Lourdes, 13, and nine-year-old Rocco from previous relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment